Many of us have spent a lot of time at home during these last two years staring at the same old walls and décor during all that time. Winter is a good time to invite a fresh look into your home environment. Simple updates to your bedroom may be just the ticket for more relaxing evenings, romantic nights, and brighter mornings.
New bedding—organic cotton, percale sheetsand duvets, plus our new sheep’s wool pillows—are among the simplest way to enrich your bedroom. All are sustainably Made in the USA. For a wonderful change of style and mood, consider our cotton American-made blankets. Choose one that adds a pop of color to your room or complements your gentle surroundings. Add our cotton throw blanket in addition or instead. Toss it casually across your comforter or chair—it’s a new look that provides cozy warmth whenever a chill nips at your nose or toes.
American Blossom’s blankets and throws are Made in the USA at a factory in Maine that I have long admired for their quality and craftsmanship. These fine yet sturdy blankets come in cotton queen, king, twin plus a 50” x 70” throw. They will blanket you in good feelings inside and out or your money back.
A Bit About Our Blankets and Where They’re Made
From the product reviews, emails, and comments you send, I know that American Blossom customers share my commitment to support American business and keep good jobs in the USA. Maine Heritage Weavers manufactures our beautiful blankets. Throughout many decades my family knew the late founder, Alfred J. “Fred” Lebel. Today I collaborate with his granddaughter, Bianca Cloutier.
The company’s forerunner, Bates Manufacturing Company, dates to 1850 and supplied the Union Army during the Civil War. Today Maine Heritage Weavers is both family and woman-owned and operates with 26 employees who care deeply about keeping and continuing the American textile tradition of Maine and New England.
They make our blankets from a blend of 60% USA-grown cotton and 40% organic cotton from West Texas. (I recently met some of the farmers who grow the organic cotton we use.) New blankets and bedding will lend a sensuous freshness to your bedroom experience.
Easy Ideas for Your Bedroom Decor
Here are a few more ways to perk up your room and your perspective.
- Check out our American sheep’s wool pillows. Deep, rich comfort when you sit up in bed. Supportive and breathable luxury as you sleep.
- Paint the room or an accent wall. A complementary neutral shade may add sophistication. A deep grey or chocolate color can offer warmth and depth. A fruit-juicy color might cheer you in the mornings.
- Try out new lamps in a different size or style or add a contemporary ceiling fixture. Switch to smart light bulbs that change color and brightness to enhance your mood and operate with voice control.
- Add or change artwork. Reframe old favorites or try new pieces that make you feel relaxed, romantic, or ready to seize the day. No need to spend much money to freshen the mood with art.
- Rearrange the furniture if your space allows. A new view can inspire a new viewpoint.
- Clean the carpet or if it is worn, replace it or change out your rug. The great variety colors and textures can offer a big change at all budgetary levels.
- Add music: replace your bedside clock or phone charger with a Bluetooth speaker that includes a sleep timer. Love richer, beautiful sound? Splurge on a quality speaker or soundbar.
If you are open-minded about where to shop and flexible in trying new, even unexpected looks, you can refresh the room relatively quickly. Be sure to check out consignment, thrift, and antique shops. You might find a remarkable new-to-you headboard, funky lamps or beautiful antique nightstands, side chairs or chest of drawers.
If you’ve been staring at the same old bedroom décor for the last few years, refresh your view and just maybe your perspective along with it!
Sending warm and cozy thoughts your way.