Care Instructions For Bedding and Sheets - American Blossom Linens
These sheets get softer and better with time.
Machine wash cold with like colors. Do not use bleach. Tumble dry on low and remove promptly. Warm iron if needed.
- We suggest you wash your sheets before your first use to soften them even more than they are when they arrive.
- Sheets need to circulate to get clean so never cram them in the washer. If your washer has an agitator in the middle, don’t wrap the sheets around it tightly. This can cause them to wrinkle or tear.
- Choose a liquid detergent for the best results.
- Fabric softener, dryer balls or dryer sheets are a personal choice. We recommend an environmentally friendly one.
- We suggest washing linens in cold water. Consumer Reports’ past tests found detergents have gotten much better at putting enzymes to work in removing dirt and stains at lower water temperatures, and are less effective at higher temperatures.
- Manufacturers have been lowering wash temperatures over the years to meet the Department of Energy’s standards for hot water use.
Our American Blossom pure finish is a special manufacturing formula developed for us that gives our sheets a soft, crisp, fresh feel and is environmentally friendly, pure and chemical free. Because of they are made from 100% USA Organic cotton they will naturally wrinkle. (See more about wrinkle free fabric) They will wrinkle less and less with every wash and use. To minimize wrinkles, shake out the bedding between washing and drying. It’s best to tumble dry sheets on low heat for the shortest time possible (this could take some trial and error to get right). If you love ironing, like some of us do, feel free to iron your sheets.
Our fabric goes through a mechanical process to reduce shrinkage and soften it, but it may shrink slightly when it is washed the first time. In order to ensure that your sheets will generously fit your bed we have made them longer and wider than other brands.